32 Dead in Vietnamese Karaoke Parlor Fire

9 September 2022 00:50

32 people died in a karaoke parlor fire in Southern Vietnam, with some parts of the building remain inaccessible more than a day later.

The fire that broke out late Tuesday, trapped workers and customers inside the multistory venue, in Thuan An City, in Binh Duong Province.

32 died while some were injured from asphyxiation, and others suffered broken limbs when they jumped from upper floors to try to escape the fire.

Vietnamese President, Nguyen Xuan Phuc, extended his condolences to families of the victims and asked government officials to support the families.

The preliminary finding stated that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.